CREATING+DISCOVERING+EXPLORING+GROWING+LAUGHING+LEARNING+LIVING+LOVING=
OUR JOURNEY AS A CHRISTIAN (♥John 13:34♥), UNSCHOOLING FAMILY (2+4=6)
IN CORN COUNTRY (aka-IOWA) U.S.A.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ouch! Stung by a Wasp in October!?

Yes it is true; I was stung by a yellow jacket wasp in October. How exactly, do you ask?


Well, I was minding my own business on a usual walk yesterday and I felt something in my hair moving about and tried to get it out. I didn’t get it out on the first try and I must have made it more aggravated. I got it out of my hair and that’s when I started feeling a stinging sensation on my scalp. Even though that was yesterday, it still hurts! I do realize I am pretty lucky I didn’t get stung on my hand. Although, I think I may have gotten stung a few times on my scalp to make up for it. I thought about wearing a hat yesterday because of the cooler weather, but it ended up being nicer than I expected, so no hat needed I thought, I sure wish I would have wore a hat. I think the wasp may have fallen out of an apple tree into my hair. I noticed an apple on the ground, below an apple tree that had a wasp on it. I have never been stung by a wasp or even a bee for that matter, which is quite shocking to some I’m sure, as I grew up on a farm with many around. I am lucky though I know because I didn’t have any serious reaction from the sting like some do.

Photo was taken from Wikipedia, where you can find out more about yellow jacket wasps and everything under the sun.

0 comments:

Husband & Wife Team

Heidi Jo the Artist's Etsy Shop