CREATING+DISCOVERING+EXPLORING+GROWING+LAUGHING+LEARNING+LIVING+LOVING=
OUR JOURNEY AS A CHRISTIAN (♥John 13:34♥), UNSCHOOLING FAMILY (2+4=6)
IN CORN COUNTRY (aka-IOWA) U.S.A.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Camping at Backbone State Park in Iowa - Day 1 of 2

Backbone State Park is the oldest State Park in Iowa.
Dedicated in 1920.

We went camping there last weekend.
It is one of our favorite parks in Iowa.

Backbone State Park




$6.00 camping fee per night.
I think it is the cheapest camping fee we have EVER paid.
And we've camped A LOT.
October is considered off-season for camping in Iowa.
That is why it was so cheap.

Campground Rules




Relaxing.
And clapping.
One of Punctuation Mark's favorite things to do.
Especially with daddy.

Clapping Father & Son




Love Bug spent a lot of time in the playground area.
Lots and lots and lots of sand.

Princess Love Collage-Title by Love Bug herself

Lizard Man did too.
But he tries to avoid the camera at times.
And it worked this particular time.

I wish I would have brought more sand toys.
But the kids did just fine with what we had.



It was the best weather for camping.

Crisp Autumn




One of the best camping experiences for us.
And I know the weather had something to do with it.
No mosquitoes.
Not even one.

Tent Collage




This is one of my favorite photos from the trip.
Love Bug in her pink polka dotted pj's.

She's roasting marshmallows for me!!
I am the only one in our family that likes S'mores.
So far.

Roasting Marshmallows




Simple S'mores.
Using striped chocolate shortbread cookies.
And marshmallows.
My friend, Katie's mom Annette taught me how to make them.
I call them "Simple S'mores".
Easy for little hands.
And oh so yummy too.

Left Photo=My S'more
Right Photo=Love Bug's

Smores Collage




And off to bed.

Sleepy Heads Collage


Photos from Day 2, to come sometime this week...

0 comments:

Husband & Wife Team

Heidi Jo the Artist's Etsy Shop