CREATING+DISCOVERING+EXPLORING+GROWING+LAUGHING+LEARNING+LIVING+LOVING=
OUR JOURNEY AS A CHRISTIAN (♥John 13:34♥), UNSCHOOLING FAMILY (2+4=6)
IN CORN COUNTRY (aka-IOWA) U.S.A.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life is too short…

This is a blog that I don’t even know how to begin to write….but I want to write something to tell people that life is too short and not to take it for granted. Never take people you love for granted, especially the children in your lives. People think they don’t take things for granted, but we all do at times.

I will start with the fact that things the past few days have not been easy for my family or for many I know, including friends that are like family to us. On this past Friday our friends had a child die in an accident and leave their lives forever. So that I don’t have to explain details that I probably would be horrible at explaining. Here are a couple of links to the details…

GONE. An article here and a video with our good friends here.

My heart aches for the family of Brevin Kramer. This accident hit me harder than I imagined it would, as I did not see Brevin for quite some time. I saw his parents and siblings a couple of weeks ago at my friend’s birthday party, but he wasn’t there as he was spending time with a friend. But I think it hit me harder for many reasons…

Brevin’s death brings back memories and feelings I had when my nephew Diego died over four years ago. Diego died from more natural causes. But still, it is so weird to me that both Brevin and Diego were both at the tender age of 8 when they died. They both were visiting from out of town, visiting family, died at the same hospital, died suddenly, and died on the 26th (see how much I’ve analyzed this?!?).

I believe they are both in a better place now; heaven. But, they are still both greatly missed.

Please keep us and Brevin’s family and friends in your prayers.

Give ALL the children in your life lots of hugs, kisses, love, and attention.

Life is really just too short.

1 comments:

katia said...

HI HEIDE, VERY SAD! I'LL PRAY FOR THAT FAMILY. WE'RE MOTHERS AND MORE OF ANYONE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE LOSS OF A SON IS, UNNATURAL AND HORRIBLE. ANY MOTHER SHOULD SURVIVE...I'M CLOSE TO ALL OF YOU. HUGES

Husband & Wife Team

Heidi Jo the Artist's Etsy Shop